Sunday, June 6, 2010

home.

one of my best friends from high school is having a baby next month. i got to go home after church today for her shower and i'll have to admit, i was a little nervous.

i haven't kept up with my friends from back home as well as i should have. and if i'm honest...i really regret that.

when i think back to my high school days..and i really think about who they were to me i realize they were more to me than just friends. they were family.

i walked into two homes today...one i spent a lot of time in and another that was practically my second home. everywhere i looked held a memory....
the kitchen were we'd spend hours dancing at parties when her parents were out of town....the driveway where i drank my first alcoholic drink...the bench i practically broke my toe on after a few more of those firsts drinks...yikes.

the list goes on.

katie was one of the best friends i've ever had. she was always there for me. and even though our lives drifted from each other, being around her and her family feels like home to me.

the geography of a place can hold memories. but the people make it home. i'm grateful for roots.

love.

No comments: