Thursday, June 12, 2008

insecurities.

i have a lot of them.

they haunt me at times.

i find myself extremely aware of my imperfections and highly conscious of other's strengths that i do not possess.

i get really quiet.

i get nervous.

all i want to do is run. and i do.

i'm doing it right now.

sometimes when i allow God in, i don't run as far. i start to believe the words He speaks into my heart.

and i feel free. my heart feels light.

i look at everyone with a different set of eyes. they are all so beautiful...lovely.

i don't let their words sting as much, or their sideways glances make me question my intelligence. i don't let their rejection of my friendship make me question my worth. i don't let their perception of who i am actually define who i am.

if only i'd let Him in more often. if only i'd believe Him.

currently listening to: bethany dillon::imagination

No comments: