Monday, February 18, 2008

I've been tagged. What's a gal to do?

For your entertainment, here are 10 random facts about me. It was too hard to figure out which ones to use. Of course, I now have to figure out a blog title since Jerry called me out on it. Dang it! I was hoping i could get away with it a bit longer.

i have an odd obsession with hoddies. I don't know what it is about them. They are my comfort clothing...some people have sweat pants. i have hoodies.

i was studying anthropology in college and was wanting to be an archaeologist. Then God grabbed ahold of my heart and i felt He had other plans for me. Man, I could be somewhere rockin right now playin in the mud.

As a kid, one of my favorite things to do was hang out in my dad's "shop" and help him work. We did anything from repack wheel bearings, change his oil, paint and fix his motorcycle's trailer, make tables and chairs and picture frames...etc. Now did i really learn how to do any of that? Not really. I just wanted to hang out with my dad. and I loved the smell of his shop.

I think i have ADD...or is it ADHD? What's the difference? Who knows. I don't feel like looking it up.

I am the furthest away from being a detail oriented person. I would be a horrible eye witness. But, I think i have selective detail orientation because sometimes i can describe things down to the t. odd...very odd.

I used to play baseball with the neighborhood boys in the church parking lot when i was in 5th through 8th grade. I got really mad when I tried to sign up to play baseball and they told me girls had to play softball. I had a hard time getting used to that stupid grapefruit ball. I only played two more years. I hated softball.

My love language is quality time so if you don't wanna hang out with me, I don't think you care about me. I think this makes complete sense. You care about someone, don't you want to be around them? It isn't rocket science.

I've been writing songs since I can remember. I have a billion notebooks full of half songs, quarter songs, one lines, whole songs...etc. Many are just ideas. When I sit down and try to make sense of my notebooks, it is slightly overwhelming. It is too much....also, i hate writing with capital letters. the main time i do write properly is for work.

I am the least organized person you'll ever meet. I just got a planner and it is driving me crazy to put things in it. Can't I decide to do something last minute any more? No, because all of you uber-organized freaks get incredibly annoyed with me!

I am really bad with crowds of people, but I love to get to know people one on one or in a small group. Anything over a group of five or so puts me in introvert mode. i hate being noticed in a large group of people. i get all self-conscious and say stupid things. that happens a lot anyway. sometimes i just blurt things out without thinking. oops.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

so smart erin! :)

Jamie said...

I used to love to hang out in my dad's shop too...and I loved the way it smelled! Too funny!

I think you should title your blog "The Untitled Blog"... or "The Blog With No Name" that would technically be a blog title, without really having a title....he he he...always gotta find that loophole!

Kelli said...

i like the way you think jamie! :) i just might have to do that!

Anonymous said...

what about "no use for a name" ?