Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More about Hollywood


As i mentioned in my last blog, there really is too much to blog about..i don't know where to begin. But...here are a few highlights

I ended up being just a few feet away from Chili from TLC and James Marsden (X-Men, 27 Dresses, The Notebook, etc) in the airport. James ran into Chili and hung out with her while she was waiting for her luggage. She was on my flight. She was teaching him some dance moves...he's a really bad dancer..trust me. But he just looked like a regular joe. All stars are just that. I don't see what the big deal is.



Then at a rockin Brazilian restaurant in Los Feliz, i saw Giovanni Ribisi. What i liked best about seeing Giovanni, was that the girl he was with (who i definitely think was his girlfriend) was very "normal" looking. She wasn't some hot mama model or overly dressed actress type. She just looked like a normal girl. That made me like him more than i already do...


Anyway, enough about stars.



Dawn took me to Santa Monica on Sunday instead of watching the first part of the Superbowl. Please believe that was just fine to me. Beach? A bunch of sweaty, gross men chasing a ball around while millions act afool thinking they are gods? Hmmm...tough call..
We actually were gonna miss it completely and head over to Moasic (her church...Erwin McMannis rocks my world!) ...but we decided that hanging out with her family for Superbowl might be more God-honoring.

When we got to her brother's place in Los Feliz, they were completely into the game (we got there for the 4th quarter). Now imagine this scene...
Dawn's family are New Yorker Italians. They look and act the part. They are amazing! So, we walk in to yelling and screaming at the tv...

I've gotta say, I had a blast watching it with them. I don't think i've ever had so much fun at a Superbowl party. They were so into it. Which kinda shocked me since her two older brothers are artsy filmmakers...not at all the type i'd of pegged as football fans..but whatever.

Too much fun.

At the shower, Dawn's brothers served us drinks and brunch. I kept catching them trying to come up with ways to ruin Dawn's shower...throwing her presents into the pool in the backyard, eating all of the cupcakes, "accidentally" starting a food fight...I found myself encouraging their mischievous ways...don't tell Dawn on me. ;)



So, Dawnie and I ended up having a blast together...staying up late talking and drinking tea...laughing and crying..praying and laughing some more. I don't deserve friends like her. I am grateful.

No comments: