Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barbie and Bruce.

I went to the YMCA today for the first time in a few weeks...hehe...oops. So much for a routine.

Things were going great. I was watching Die Hard as I worked out. Life just couldn't get better. Until...

Barbie and her Sidekick decided to workout right beside me. They were talking rather loudly so I just turned up my earphones to get back to Bruce. Right when Bruce was yippekiyiyeeehhin', I couldn't help but hear a part of their conversation. Imagine this dialog in Valley girl of course.

Sidekick: So, are you dating Josh?
Barbie: Oh my gawhh. No, we are just talking really.
SideKick: Oh...
Barbie: Yeah, he's like really great. He's funny and good looking. We talk like everyday.
Sidekick: Oh wow! That's like amazing!
Barbie: I know! I mean, i just don't like it when he flirts with all my friends. But he's great.

....ummm....riiiight. Something tells me this guy is a winner.

It took everything in me not to look over and tell her she's worth so much more...and not because she's a beautiful girl...but because her worth isn't found in her body or her face or what she gives away sexually of herself. She has worth because of what Christ did for her. It broke my heart to think that she might not know that. She might not know that she doesn't have to kill herself trying to be something she wasn't meant to be...she might not know that God has so much more for her.

I left with a heavy heart....but grateful for the reminder that I don't have to settle for anything less than Him.


Currently listening to: Jimmy Eat World, 23

No comments: