Thursday, March 27, 2008

it is amazing

how quiet things are at night. even roswell road, a normally crowded road full of honking horns and blaring music from car stereos finds time to rest. so why can't i?

five minutes ago, all i could think of was my warm, cozy bed. now my mind is racing, and my thoughts are on other things besides counting sheep (side note...who in the world ever came up with that being a good way to fall asleep and additionally, who in the world went along with said person to make counting sheep the phenomena that it still is today...hmmm).

i almost want to go outside and sit on our 12 x 12 square patch of grass tucked into the city and stare at the two stars you can see from here. i'll listen to the silent street and be glad others are enjoying their rest.


currently listening to: Hosanna, Hillsong United

2 comments:

Jerry said...

I've never tried counting sheep. When I can't sleep, sometimes I will just lay there and talk to God about stuff. It's a 50/50 shot though, because sometimes he'll put me on hold and I'll fall asleep waiting for him to talk to me, but other times he'll sit there and talk my ear off all night. Usually the latter, but I figure if I'm going to be up all night, I may as well spend the time with someone I know is awake and will listen to me.

Kelli said...

"sometimes he'll put me on hold." haha...i get that a lot. :)