Tuesday, March 4, 2008

i'm highly upset.

everyone knows that avocados are high in fat. this is common knowledge. it is the good fat but fat nonetheless. a couple of years ago, i became obsessed with them! i eat them all the time...i'll put them in my salad. i'll make guacamole. i'll even just cut one right down the middle and eat it with a spoon. strange? maybe...but i don't care.

so...this has all been compromised for me....

at work yesterday, i decided to have a late afternoon snack of a perfectly ripe, beautiful, marvelous avocado. Alex, who works with me, scrunches up his face and says something along the lines of "eww, those are so high in fat!" this didn't bother me. i would not be deterred...on i ate.

it wasn't until a few minutes later that i decided to google exactly how much fat one of my scrumptious little avocados would contain.

31 grams of fat in an average, medium sized avocado!

WHAT!!!!????!!!!!?????

i am heartbroken. that just seems a little excessive don't you think? I mean....31 grams? i'm not a health nut but that's crazy. I'd rather have a big, fat Big Mac...not that i eat those...but still, that's not the point.

anyway, i'm pretty sure this will pass...besides, i ate one with my lunch today...hehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no way!!!!!!! why did you have to tell me this...

oh well i'm still going to eat them. you can't stop me!

Kelli said...

haha..now all i can think about are the times i've ordered guacamole dip...how many avocados are in those?