Sunday, March 30, 2008

those faces.

my heart was so happy saturday. i felt God speaking a lot to me about the future...maybe...i don't really know though...there's so much i want to do, it is hard to pick which dream to chase. He gives me too many ideas! i don't know what to do with myself!

ashley, meredith and i went to a church in marietta off of windy hill road. we were there to serve the church in whatever they needed for the day. some people did landscaping, some painted, some took trash to the dump...you get the picture. the gals and i ended up working in their new youth group room. i say group very lightly. it consists of 5 girls right now. three of them were there with us saturday. i fell in love with those girls! we spent our time cleaning out the room, painting it, jamming out, laughing...how could i not fall in love with them?

i still can't seem to get all of the paint off my arms...but i love it because it reminds me of those faces. those kids that don't have a church like mine with all the heavy production, multitudes of adult leaders, great musicians..etc. but the look on their faces as the paint was drying and the empty canvas of a room waited for inspiration, was priceless. i found myself slightly jealous. jealous of their small church... jealous of their shoe string budget because it forces them to think outside the box to make things work....of what God has in store for them...of the adventure...of the possibilities.

i was so happy serving them that day. my heart was overflowing the entire time.

and this got me thinking...



currently listening to: Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova, Falling Slowly

2 comments:

Amy said...

ooh, i can't wait to see your thoughts on this...

Kelli said...

In due time Amy. ;)