Wednesday, December 26, 2007

lights. home. birds. and other such things.

one of my favorite things to do Christmas Eve is to drive around looking at lights. we didn't do that this year. my family is really odd...have i mentioned that yet? more on that later...

but i love them. they make me laugh...which doesn't take much really so i don't know if that says a lot either way.... ;)

i have a handful of pictures but i forgot that cord thingy at home. (i'm sure it has a technical name for it but naming it cord thingy suites me just fine...) :)

i grew up in the country back roads of the suburbs. we weren't in the boonies, but we weren't in the suburbs exactly. at the time i hated it. all i could think about then was graduating and getting to the city....which is exactly what i did. but now, i find myself longing to be back in the country...and other times i need the city...do i even know what i want? i don't, but God does...so i'll go with his lead. anyway..my mom and step-dad still live in the house i grew up in...i love that. my room still looks like it did when i was 15...which as you can imagine, is quite scary. i have decided not to change it because it helps remind me of who i was...what God has done...and what He is capable of still doing in my life.

so i was sitting outside on the front porch with my step-dad as he was smoking his cancer sticks...not really taking. earlier he told me about these pheasants that they've been feeding in the front yard. i was hoping to catch a glimpse of them...not really realizing what the big deal was...or realizing that they wouldn't come up until we were out of sight. Later, my mom came rushing into the kitchen telling me to come to the window. i looked out and saw two of them eating on the food my parents put out for them. they were so beautiful. their colors blew me away. i could have sat there for hours watching them move gracefully around the yard. we cannot figure out how they got in the area...maybe they were someone's pets. but supposedly, they aren't indigenous to the area... Either way, i'm on the hunt for them now. i accidentally scared them away trying to get a picture...i tried to sneak up on them as they ran away but they were too fast for me. slippery suckers!

so the hunt continues...only to shoot their picture of course... :)

No comments: