Monday, December 17, 2007

this is...



my brother. he's 13...14 in two days. he lives with my dad in minnesota...poor thing…oh so cold.

i wasn't around from when he was three up until he was 11. i missed a lot. that makes my heart break. when i saw him for the first time in eight years, i was afraid he wouldn't like me...what did an 11 year old boy have in common with his 20-something sister? this wasn't like getting some random middle-schooler to like me...this was my brother. i wanted so badly to connect with him...

how my God provides for me...how He provides. a few months ago when i saw wes, he was teaching me some football moves or plays...or whatever it is called (you can tell i'm a huge fan of football huh?) ;). And while we were doing that, i kinda half mentioned that it would be cool if he visited me so we could go to a falcons game. he jumped on the idea! and even went on to say he'd love to come visit me this summer for a week or so...i was blown away! do 13 year old boys want to hang out with their 25 year old sister...that they didn't really know until two years before? I cannot describe how that felt.

so...i pray his mom will let him come visit me. i'm not sure if she will.

no matter what the outcome...God provides! remember that.

No comments: