Sunday, December 23, 2007

write every line

for your Glory.

i heard a song today at church that i had forgotten about. as soon as i heard the first few lines i was reminded of how i felt the first time i heard it. do you know what i'm talking about? have you ever had that happen before...not necessarily a song...could be a scent, an image...anything really. but whatever it is, as soon as you hear/taste/see/feel it, all of those original feelings come flooding back.

i remember when i first heard this song, my heart wanted to scream, "yes God. write every line of my story. don't let me pick up that blasted pen! i'm tired of my ink running out."

forever
you are the God of my story
write every line for your Glory
breathe on me


but i must tell of the best part of the song today...it didn't come in the form of a note or who sang it or a specific instrument...
as i was singing, i noticed a mom with her three kids in front of me. she had the youngest in her arms so she could see better. she was a sweet girl about three with the most beautiful curly hair. i could see her smiles at her mom with pure joy as worship enveloped the room. at the end of the song, the lyrics are sung softly and are
breathe on me
breathe on me.

each time, the little girl got really close to her mom and breathed really hard on her. I could not stop laughing.

that was the best part of my day.

No comments: