Monday, January 28, 2008

change

one of my dearest college friends is getting married in april. she's one of the most amazing woman of God that i've met. i've grown so much just from knowing her...her love for the Lord and life inspires me. God used her that freshman year in college to break down the dead bolted door to my heart. He used her to light my way right into His grace. for that we will forever be connected...no matter how far away from each other we are geographically.

we saw each other at our worst...through breakups...heartache...hardship..family craziness..life-altering decisions...God wrecking our lives...molding...more heartache...
she saw me through living a life completely dishonoring to God...and loved me anyway. she saw me living a double life...and loved me even more. that's when the love of Christ became real to me. that's when i finally got it.

i've been thinking a lot about how things will change once she gets married...especially since it is becoming more and more real with each passing day. when i come to visit, our time won't be our own...when she visits here during Christmas, he'll come with her. there will be some things lost...but please don't get me wrong. i wouldn't have it any other way. he is an amazing man of God. i am so excited about their marriage and cannot wait to have him in my family...even though not technically.

things will just be different.

but different is good. just like when she moved to LA. i thought our friendship would take a huge blow...but it didn't. it grew stronger. and now, God has honored me with being her maid of honor at her wedding. i've never been so honored.

i'll be there this weekend...helping with some wedding stuff. i cannot wait.

is it Saturday yet?

No comments: