Sunday, January 20, 2008

Enough?

How I live sometimes communicates that I believe that there is something bigger and better than Jesus.

Some of it comes out of fear. Some of it comes out of insecurity. But why am I insecure in my relationship with Christ? Of all the relationships in my life, that is the one I should have complete confidence in His love and grace towards me. What about fear? Fear tells Him that He isn't enough for me. But He is. He is enough. He's enough for my brokeness...for my heartache...for my joy...for my tears....for my laughter. He is the love of my life! He is it! Why do I live like He isn't?

I think one of the biggest lies of satan is that Christ isn't enough...that there is something more out there (money, spouse, fame, etc) that we need. I don't need any of that. I need Him. I want Him.

My prayer is that I'll live a life that amplifies His name through my satisfaction in His love.

As I heard John Piper say once, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him."

No comments: